March 17, 2015. RE/MAX Commercial Logic announced that it has brokered the sale of 7-9 W. Mulberry Street located in Baltimore's Central Business District. The 23,143 square foot building was purchased by 7 West Mulberry Partners, LLC for the price of $1.2 million or $51.85 per square foot..
Built in 1835 and expanded in 1892, this building is designated a Historic Landmark and contributes to the Cathedral Hill National Register Historic District. Originally built as a house, the structure was converted into a school by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese in 1892. Over its 170-year existence, the structure has served as home to the Italian Consulate and then UNITE HERE!, a national union.
The buyer of the property is 7 West Mulberry Partners, LLC, a new entity created by a partnership between Trademark Properties and Boston-based Stratford Capital. Trademark Properties, based in Fulton, Maryland recently delivered 505 Park Avenue, a conversion of former office condominiums into luxury apartment units. Trademark Properties (www.trademarkdc.com) and its investors have been heavily focused on renovating historic properties within Baltimore for over 15 years.
Wendy L. Blair and Douglas R. Kington, founders and principals of RE/MAX Commercial Logic, represented the seller, 7-9 Mulberry, LLC, a company whose ownership includes local developer and contractor Kenneth Banks. Patrick Grace with Stein & Associates based in Reston, Virginia, represented the buyer.